PC freezing while loading games, game still loads fine

brett1324

Reputable
Jul 12, 2014
I am having a weird problem while games are in loading screen, mainly league of legends while it is loading but happens in all games. While it is loading on my main monitor, all my other screens start to freeze up and if I am watching videos on my other monitor, they will freeze up. This started about two months ago and it never stopped. The game will load and everything will go back to normal.

parts list:
https://pcpartpicker.com/user/bretth1324/saved/#view=HC3ycf

Started happening about two weeks after adding a new 2k monitor. PC does not freeze at all and I have replaced the video card and reimaged the pc since it has started happening(not because the error, just upgrades). All drives for the video card are fully upgraded but it still just lags when games are loading like crazy. CPU is not at 100% either. I can't switch screens and web pages stop loading .

So you are running two 1080P monitors and one 2K monitor? Have you tried the latest Nvidia drivers 376.15 that came out December 5th? If not see if those help.

I have a suspicion whats going on with timeouts and the multi monitor setup but would need you to try it out.

If you're ok with regedit, you will want to add these two keys to the following location:

Registry: Start --> Run --> Type in "Regedit"

Go to "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet(should be 001)\Control\GraphicsDrivers"

Create a key of type "DWORD (32-bit)" (or a Qword if you're under windows 64-bit) and name "TdrDiDelay" with a value of 20 as HEX value.

Create a key of type "DWORD (32-bit)" (or a Qword if you're under windows 64-bit) and name "TdrDelay" with a value of 20 as HEX value.

Document from Microsoft talking about these registry entries.
https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/hardware/ff569918(v=vs.85).aspx

brett1324

Reputable
Jul 12, 2014

apperently gsync being turned on through nvidia was causing the problems. when I turned gsync off it fixed the problem

urbanczyks

Prominent
Feb 22, 2017

Thx 4 the info.