Having trouble installing windows 10

Acomputerguy

Reputable
Sep 19, 2015
Hey guys when I'm using the windows 10 installation tool and it asks for a USB my 16GB USB isn't showing up even though it shows up on the computer itself does anyone know how to fix this if so thanks

Solution
Hey there, @Acomputerguy!

I suspect that @ingtar is right, you should definitely try to re-create the bootable USB flash drive with the Windows 10 OS version that you are using. The MS instructions are very useful. Another thing that you should check is your BIOS settings and make sure that you have enabled the feature to boot from a USB-connected device.

Hope it works. Keep us posted if you encounter more issues and give us more details about your system configuration.

Good luck! :)
SuperSoph_WD
Hey there, @Acomputerguy!

I suspect that @ingtar is right, you should definitely try to re-create the bootable USB flash drive with the Windows 10 OS version that you are using. The MS instructions are very useful. Another thing that you should check is your BIOS settings and make sure that you have enabled the feature to boot from a USB-connected device.

Hope it works. Keep us posted if you encounter more issues and give us more details about your system configuration.

Good luck! :)
SuperSoph_WD

Solution