Memory and Disk max out when launching games and startup

Godzillah3ad

Commendable
Jul 17, 2016
I initially found the problem when trying to launch a game my pc completely froze. I rebooted and launched task manager to find my disk usage at 100%.
After a minute or so it lowered to 4% so I launched a game (DayZ Standalone) and both memory and disk maxed out and froze once again.

This only began after a windows update.Things i see high on the usage list are primarily Antimalware Service Executable (both initially and at game launch) and the game when launched.

Solution
If you have a good cpu fitted to your system.

One by Intel, or Amd with at least four to eight cpu cores.
The next most critical thing to keep the system as fast as it can run, is the amount of physical system memory you have fitted to your system.

For example if you have a system with a maximum of only 4Gb of system memory fitted.
It is why your system is so slow at loading to windows desktop, and waiting for it to completely settle down.

You have to remember that when windows loads it has to take up a chunk of the physically fitted memory of the PC.

Because windows is a memory dependent and resident program.
It can take anywhere from 2Gb up to 2.5Gb of main system memory leaving only 1.5Gb left for other programs to run on a...
Please list all of the system specs including which OS you are using.

without knowing the system specs it is possible that your Anti malware program is causing this issue. But then again we do not have enough information to do more than theorize what could be wrong.

If you have a good cpu fitted to your system.

One by Intel, or Amd with at least four to eight cpu cores.
The next most critical thing to keep the system as fast as it can run, is the amount of physical system memory you have fitted to your system.

For example if you have a system with a maximum of only 4Gb of system memory fitted.
It is why your system is so slow at loading to windows desktop, and waiting for it to completely settle down.

You have to remember that when windows loads it has to take up a chunk of the physically fitted memory of the PC.

Because windows is a memory dependent and resident program.
It can take anywhere from 2Gb up to 2.5Gb of main system memory leaving only 1.5Gb left for other programs to run on a system with only 4Gb of memory fitted.

This is basically your problem.
So if your motherboard can Take upto 8Gb or 16Gb or even more in size of system memory then you should as a matter of priority fit more system memory leaving a far larger amount of memory for running games ect.

That is why dayz does not load or your system is freezing and you have 100% of disk usage Godzillah.

How much system memory is currently fitted to your Pc ? I suspect it is 4GB to 6 GB as a maximum.

Many people don`t know how to streamline there system in relation to programs and memory usage.

For example start up programs set to auto run after windows.

If you click on start of windows.
And in the search box type :MSCONFIG.
And click on the search result.
Click on the startup tab in the new window that opens.

You will see a list of all the programs set to auto run after windows has loaded to the desktop.

Each and every program in there set to run will use up more system memory.

So to conserve it so you have more free memory to run Dayz for example untick most of the programs set to auto run.

Then click apply.
Restart your system.
and the next time you check system information you will see you have more physical free ram to use for other programs.

Personally I never use the Auto startup option in windows.
For one it takes longer for windows to settle down at windows desktop.
And is also a system memory Hog, if the auto run list is very long with up to ten programs for example wanting to auto run.

Anyway something to look into FYI as a tip to speed things up Godzillah.

Solution