Youtube buffering even with high internet speeds

Meepinstien

Commendable
Dec 12, 2016
So recently I have been experiencing a lot of buffering on youtube at 1080p even 480p and I will go and check my internet speed and it says its at 15mb and 18mb when I check it and I am only able to play hd videos in IE. Any ideas on what causing this? All other websites like twitch are perfectly fine it only appears to be youtube. I've already did the hardware acceleration thing where you go into the settings and uncheck it.

Solution
I have 80/20 and YouTube can buffer for me too... it depends on the videos and if there are local copies of the ones you are after. Also depends on time of day as well. Your speed doesn't matter if its slow on the other end

hardware acceleration only helps video as far as I know, not download speed,

Colif

Win 11 Master
I have 80/20 and YouTube can buffer for me too... it depends on the videos and if there are local copies of the ones you are after. Also depends on time of day as well. Your speed doesn't matter if its slow on the other end

hardware acceleration only helps video as far as I know, not download speed,

Solution

intramorph

Honorable
Feb 26, 2014
Hi I have gigabit internet and YT buffers for me as well. I checked my speed and it's over 800 down and 850 up. Happens to all of us from time to time. Also I understand this is a post from last year but this issue persists and just won't go away