My PC has working internet but at random times it fails to be able to use it.

Miloindistress

Commendable
Dec 15, 2016
Hello, please forgive me if I post this in a wrong thread or anything because I am new here and I am really not familiar with the rules and customs but I really urgently need help with my machine.

A few days ago I bought myself a brand new gaming PC to enjoy the last days of my “childhood” (I’m 34…). The problem is that this brand new PC is not working and I have no idea what could be wrong with it.

For about a day everything worked fine with the computer after I installed Windows 10 but now when I turn it on at first my computer looks like its working normally but at random times all of a sudden it looks like I loose all internet connection when I try to click on a link or open a new page in my browser - this is true for both Firefox and Chrome. When this happens they can’t open any part of a webpage and they both crash even if I just try to open Google in them (and it’s not a quick crash like I’m used to - it takes a several minutes for them both to just think and think and try to open the page and even more time for them to actually show me the notification that they crashed afterwards). The problem is, that at the same time, when I check the task manager it looks like my Ethernet is fine (I have my PC hooked up to my router via cable) and we have a few other devices in the house that we use the Wifi for. So when this is happening on my PC I can use the Wifi signal from the same router with my girlfriend’s laptop or my own phone and neither of these devices have any issues with opening webpages or using the internet in any shape or form. Now the first time I experienced this problem was one or two days after I installed windows 10 on my PC and at that time I was also using utorrent and the stuff that I was downloading was coming down fast and nice like nothing was happening to the internet connection all the way untill all the stuff that I started to download actually finished downloading without a problem or lapse in speed but the browsers gave up working at the same time (on another occasion though I was downloading stuff off of Steam but that process was in fact interrupted – and stopped by the malfunction). Also, when I let the machine struggle with the freezing browsers my computer’s cooling fans sound like they slowly start to loose their mind and wind themselves up and down again and again. And my GPU is all of a sudden emitting really hot air even though it doesn’t look like it is doing any tasks at the moment and the whole thing looks pretty scary because the task manager doesn’t show any problems usually my CPU is about 7-9% and my memory is around 4-5% in these cases and if you read my spex below you can see that this PC should not have a problem opening webpages… When I restart the computer (it starts up really fast) at first everything looks like it is working again but afterwards (usually not long after) it all starts to break down again.
I have to add that right after I installed windows I also installed Kaspersky Total Security on my PC and scanned it plus after being faced with the problem I ran full scans (with up to date databases) and it found nothing.
I’m running Windows 10 and right after I installed it I have also updated all my drivers as well. I also checked the cable connecting my router with the PC and from the outside it doesn’t look like there is any damage done to it and it’s not moving before during or after this happens so I don’t think this could be a connection issue so I really don’t know what to say.
I also contacted my internet provider they said that they saw a “bit of flickering” with my internet but from their perspective it all looks fine.

Please if you are knowledgeable about this stuff, help me troubleshoot this because I haven’t got the faintest idea even where to start…

Also please let me know if you need to know anything else about this so you could help me solve the issue.

Thank you!

Milo

My spex are:
Motherboard: Asus Z170 PRO GAMING
Processor : Intel Core I-7 6700K
GPU: Gigabite GTX 1080 8 GB Founders Edition DDR5X
RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws V 16GB DDR4 3200Mhz F4-3200C16D-32GVK - (all together 4 of these so 64 GB RAM in total)
Power block: Be quiet! 700W Straight Power E10 BN236
Water cooling: Cooler Master Nepton 240M RL-N24M-24PK-R1
Case: NZXT H440 Special Edition CA-H442W-TH
SSD: Samsung 500GB 750 EVO MZ-750500BW
HDD: Western Digital 6TB 64MB SATA3 WD60EFRX
Monitor: Samsung S29E790CN
Uninterruptible power supply: FSP EP 1500 1500VA / 900W

mattbar

Distinguished
Jul 9, 2014
A few days ago, we reported how Windows 10 was suddenly killing internet connectivity for a number of users. The exact reason for the problem, which affected Wi-Fi for those on the stable release (not Insiders), wasn’t known, although an update, KB3201845, was suspected.

Although there were a few workarounds that might have helped users get back online, Microsoft has now issued an official fix for the problem.

From http://betanews.com/2016/12/14/microsoft-fixes-windows-10-internet-connection-woes/
A few days ago, we reported how Windows 10 was suddenly killing internet connectivity for a number of users. The exact reason for the problem, which affected Wi-Fi for those on the stable release (not Insiders), wasn’t known, although an update, KB3201845, was suspected.

Although there were a few workarounds that might have helped users get back online, Microsoft has now issued an official fix for the problem.

mattbar

Distinguished
Jul 9, 2014

O a few days ago. I assumed this was around when win10 was released >.> this must be the solution thanks CountMike

TRENDING THREADS