Frequent Restarts Kernel Power 41 Error

Noah_33

Commendable
Dec 15, 2016
Hi Tom's, So I recently built a brand new gaming rig and after couple of months I started getting restarts while playing graphics intensive games, although the shutdowns were not exclusive to just games but only occurred maybe 2-3 times outside of a game in the course of 5 months. The error is defined as Kernel Power 41 Error in Windows event viewer. After consulting with a more educated friend I was convinced to get a new psu. After replacing the PSU I am left with the same problem. Oh and in the beginning with the original and new power supply I got the restarts but eventually got BSODs when the error would occur. Any help would be much appreciated. Thank you.

My specs are:
-Intel i5 6600k
-MSIGTX 1080 armor edition
-16gb of Gskrill DDR4
-Corsair RM 750x
-Windows 10 home

Noah_33

Commendable
Dec 15, 2016
No I don't think I am, However every time I start my pc the ASUS symbol pops up with "25% overclock" next to it. I never configured anything to overclock though.

FireFALL

Commendable
Jun 12, 2016
I had a similar problem when I made my machine earlier this year, also with an ASUS motherboard. I solved it by going into the bios and turning off the Turbo mode for the CPU as that it seemed was causing the CPU to go over what it was capable of. Could well be that is also what's causing your problems.

Noah_33

Commendable
Dec 15, 2016
Okay thanks for the replies! I'll try turning that off. I have a ASUS Z170-A LGA 1151 Intel Z170 HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.1 USB 3.0 ATX Intel Motherboard.

Colif

Win 11 Master
Make sure EZ System tuning on front page is set to normal

maxresdefault.jpg

Shouldn't need to turn off turbo as that is just speedstep and built into CPU, its not an overclock, just lets CPU run 10% faster under the right conditions. It isn't always running top speed.

Noah_33

Commendable
Dec 15, 2016
I just recived the error yet again. Was only gaming for about an hour which is odd because normally it is prolonged gaming that the error occurs at. However this time I got a BSOD with an error called. Clock_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT. I think this is the first time I have seen this error. I read a bit up on it and it seems to regard the CPU. Not sure if that helps shed any light on the initial problem or maybe this is just a negative side effect to having so many kernal power errors in the past couple months.

noahgoop

Commendable
Dec 29, 2016

Where do you turn this off in the bios?