Recently built pc appears to be randomly freezing on mobo flash up screen and during normal pc use.

CreamKing

Commendable
Dec 16, 2016
I built my first pc about 4 months ago, and have encountered this problem a few times prior to writing this post. Upon start up, every so often my pc will freeze when the mobo start up screen/BIOS screen flashes up, and I lose all response from mouse and keyboard while the fans continue and my mobo displays a normal code (AO). Freezing at start up screen rarely happens, but when it does I hold down the power button and disconnect power from the pc before plugging it back in. I have noticed that if I do not disconnect the power or switch it off, the pc will restart on its own before automatically shutting down a few seconds later. This continues in an endless cycle until I disconnect the power. Additionally, sometimes freezing occurs while I am performing everyday tasks like browsing or working on excel. Surprisingly it has never frozen while I have been gaming, even if after 6 hour stints of gaming. Freezes seem to occur in sporadic episodes, where I may have to deal with 5 freezes over the course of a day, and then none for 3 weeks even though I use it everyday.

My specs are:
-Intel i5 6500
-16 GB RAM (2x8GB) Gskill Ripjaws
- Gigabyte Z170X G1 gaming 6 motherboard
- GTX 970 4GB Gigabyte Geforce
-1TB HDD WEstern Digital
-250GB SSD Samsung EVO
-Windows 10 OS
-CX 500 power supply Corsair

Thanks for any help or advice. Sorry if any of the above explanations are confusing, I am new to building computers and may have described things incorrectly.

Cheers

CreamKing

Commendable
Dec 16, 2016

Sorry about that. I have updated the info above. Cheers