Asus ROG Swift PG279Q VS. Dell Gaming S2716DG

TheUltraMarine

Distinguished
Sep 24, 2016
Hey guys, I was choosing between these two monitors to use for my setup, I will be building a PC with a single GTX 1080, and I will have dual monitors, there are a few questions on my mind I want answered.
1.) Which monitor is better in terms of color and performance?
2.) Can a single 1080 handle two 1440P Monitors?
3.) Should I get two 24" Monitors instead (Like the Dell Gaming S2417DG)
If anyone can answer all of these questions that would be great! Thanks

Solution
1. The Asus monitor is an IPS panel and the Dell uses a TN panel. The Asus monitor should look better. Both use G-Sync, so they should perform about the same. The Asus monitor is overclockable for you to squeeze out a little more performance.

2. For every day non-gaming use, yes. If you plan to game across two 1440P monitors, I doubt the results would be all that great.

3. Go for the biggest monitor you can afford. Why not?
1. The Asus monitor is an IPS panel and the Dell uses a TN panel. The Asus monitor should look better. Both use G-Sync, so they should perform about the same. The Asus monitor is overclockable for you to squeeze out a little more performance.

2. For every day non-gaming use, yes. If you plan to game across two 1440P monitors, I doubt the results would be all that great.

3. Go for the biggest monitor you can afford. Why not?

Solution

TheUltraMarine

Distinguished
Sep 24, 2016
Well I won't be gaming with BOTH of them at the same time (as if I had triple monitors), I will use one to play games, so I will probably get the Asus monitor, thanks for the help!

fluffa

Honorable
Nov 4, 2013
the ROG should be better, however! you have a lottery game with the ROG poor QC. don't seem many people complaining about the Dell dead pixels or crazy amounts of light bleed like the ROG units. but they do say the Dell is washed out and the film coving doesn't help colours

TheUltraMarine

Distinguished
Sep 24, 2016
I guess I have to take that risk, if it doesn't work out I will return it and get the dell.

Have you considered an ultrawide 21:9 monitor? A friend of mine just bought this monitor a few months ago and it is awesome! https://www.asus.com/us/Monitors/ROG-SWIFT-PG348Q/ The image is very clear, and gaming on it is even better. If you can afford it, it's definitely worth a look. If you can check one out in person, do so. Even if you do not want this particular monitor, have a look at other 21:9 monitors. With a monitor this big, you wouldn't really need two 27 inch monitors. Plus, the cost of two 27 inch monitors would cost as much or more than one ultrawide. Give them a look, they are awesome!

Best of luck with your decision!

TheUltraMarine

Distinguished
Sep 24, 2016
Thanks, but the reason why I want two monitors is because I will be recording a lot of gameplay for youtube, so I want one screen to play the game and the other to be my recording software, plus i will be streaming, so I want to see my stream chat, how many people are watching, etc, so putting all of that into perspective, should I still get those two asus 27 inch monitors? or a ultrawide?

You could use what ever monitor you are using now for monitoring your recording software, and a phone or tablet for monitoring your stream chat. Or you could simply monitor everything on a single monitor (the one you have now). and the ultrawide for gaming, if you go with one.

If you are going to be playing FPS games, especially Battlefield 1 or Battlefield 4, an ultrawide is perfect for these games. I'm not going to guarantee you what you will or won't like, but I honestly believe if you had the chance to game on an ultrawide, you wouldn't won't to game on anything else. Some games, especially older ones, may not display well on an ultrawide screen. So do some research on the type of games you will be playing mostly before going with an ultrawide.

After playing on my friends Asus ultrawide, it's hard to game on anything else. I love it! But that is simply my opinion, bud. You may not even be impressed.

TheUltraMarine

Distinguished
Sep 24, 2016
I'm actually using a low-end laptop right now, mainly for school work, so anything 1080P or 1440P is much better than what I have now, I think I'll get either two of those Asus monitors or get 2 ultrawides (probably 24 or 27 inch each), Thanks!

TRENDING THREADS