Problems playing at 1440p games on 4K monitor!

kaspro

Distinguished
Jun 1, 2010
Hello, i just bought this monitor Samsung U24E590D which is 4K and got it on black friday for a very good deal but running on RX 480 4GB it's really hard to play games at 4K resoltution

So i play games at 1440p which i don't see any problems scaling but the problem is that many times when the game launches it's really hard to set the game full screen and nothing can't be clicked at, it's like it's freezing but it's actually not!

So any help is appreciated. Thanks

Solution
We have Display Port 1.4 GFX cards but not monitors with DP 1.4 connections ... until that happens, 4k performance will always be gimped ... we don't even have cables as yet with the necessary bandwidth to take 4k up to 120 / 144 / 165 Hz. I have never had any luck playing on LCDs at other than native resolutions ... so much so that In haven't even tried it in maybe 4 or 5 years.
We have Display Port 1.4 GFX cards but not monitors with DP 1.4 connections ... until that happens, 4k performance will always be gimped ... we don't even have cables as yet with the necessary bandwidth to take 4k up to 120 / 144 / 165 Hz. I have never had any luck playing on LCDs at other than native resolutions ... so much so that In haven't even tried it in maybe 4 or 5 years.

Solution