How to restore windows 10 without recovery

2Noobish4you

Commendable
Aug 11, 2016
Is there a way to restore my windows 10 PC back to factory settings? This PC was built but cyberpower PCs and I forgot to make a recovery when it first came in. (I know I'm really dumb. How could I forget something like that?) Or can I disable my windows key on my current hard drive and buy a new one? And install windows fresh on that new hard drive? Will that cause problems in my PC?
Specs:
AMD FX 8350
RX 480 4GB
ASUS motherboard (not sure which one I haven't opened the PC up to fully check it)
8GB RAM
I also don't know my power supply watts
Please if anything I can buy a new hard drive and reinstall windows but idk if that will work. If that will work please tell me also. Thanks in advance

PC tec

Honorable
Oct 3, 2013
I'm a bit confused. Can you access windows? If you can then make the discs or in update and recovery, recovery tab you can restore the PC to factory. If you can't access windows use Mini Windows XP and backup your files, then reinstall. It is best to install windows fresh anyway to avoid the bloatware and get the most updated drivers off the internet. It should not cause any problems along as you get the drivers.

About the windows key I do not understand what you are asking.

Dr Girlfriend

Reputable
Sep 12, 2015
Did you not get a windows disk with the computer? I've never bought pre built but you should have one. If you didn't for some reason, you could torrent it, or borrow a disk from someone else. Your key will work on a fresh install.

You don't need a new hard drive or anything else.

2Noobish4you

Commendable
Aug 11, 2016
Okay so what I did to get it working was download a fresh install of windows to a flash drive and went into advanced recovery mode. Then I told my PC to restore to windows 10 on the flash drive which made me install windows on a new partition. I have a windows.old file but was told it will get deleted in a month or so. Everything seems to be running fine. I made a recovery copy on another flash drive and put it in my computer's box that it came in. (I usually keep the boxes don't ask me why lol).