Mouse extremely slow

MikZak

Commendable
Dec 17, 2016
Hi. I'm new to this site. I have a mouse issue. After WIndows 10 startup on my PC the mose responds extremely slowly. For example, if I click on a folder in explorer it takes up to 10 seconds before it shows as marked on the screen. The only way to get it back to normal behaviour is to disconnect the display port and then reconnect it, then all works fine.

The same day this occured I had purchased a new monitor so I thought it had to do with my new monitor. However, when I connected one of my older monitors I had the same problem (had to disconnect and reconnect). The day after I also switched my graphics card from Nvidia gtx 750 TI to Nvidia 1050 gtx TI. Same problem. I have also tried the HDMI and DVI connectors with the same result.

Also, a few days before the startup sequence started to get really slow. The Asus boot-up screen shows for approximately 2 minutes before the Windows 10 startup. I have no idea if it's related to the mouse problem.

Anyone has an idea as to what may cause this? Any help would be deeply appreciated. My motherboard is Asus Z97-A.

Cheers!

MikZak

Commendable
Dec 17, 2016

Thankyou for answering! No I didn't uninstall the graphics driver. The people at the shop where I bought it said it wasn't necessary... apparently it is! I will certainly try the solution you suggested!

Thanks again!

TRENDING THREADS