How can I reset my PC's OS (windows 10) without reverting back to windows 7

Orenn

Commendable
Dec 17, 2016
To make a long story short, my video card stopped being detected and I now have to use my motherboard's integrated graphics. I've tried a few things to fix it such as updating drivers, updating the BIOS, and putting the card in a different slot. No luck. The card is still covered under warranty so I'm not too worried but as a last resort I want to essentially do a clean install of Windows 10. The problem is I got Windows 10 from the free upgrade a while back. The last time I had to clean install Windows it reset back to Windows 7. Luckily at that time the free upgrade was still going on. However this time that's not the case. I looked online and I think I found a way to do it but I'm not sure so I thought I'd ask here before I do it. Is there a way?

Specs:
Gigabyte Z87-D3HP motherboard
Intel core i5-4670k
EVGA GTX 780
8GB RAM

Solution
Do a clean install of 10. Download the ISO with the mediacreation tool.

Then either burn it or put it (extract whats in the ISO), to / on a flash drive, then boot from it.

Delete whats on the hdd then reinstall Win10. Then you wont have Win7 on the hdd

Since you upgraded from Win7, once you reinstall Win10 and get online it will activate windows

Just make sure you get the right version of the ISO (ie: The same version of Win10 thats installed now)

Also make sure if you want to keep any docs etc copy them to something. Because they wont be there after

You'll have to reinstall any games or programs

Do a clean install of 10. Download the ISO with the mediacreation tool.

Then either burn it or put it (extract whats in the ISO), to / on a flash drive, then boot from it.

Delete whats on the hdd then reinstall Win10. Then you wont have Win7 on the hdd

Since you upgraded from Win7, once you reinstall Win10 and get online it will activate windows

Just make sure you get the right version of the ISO (ie: The same version of Win10 thats installed now)

Also make sure if you want to keep any docs etc copy them to something. Because they wont be there after

You'll have to reinstall any games or programs

Solution