FX 8320 Overclocking Stress Test Question

djphoenix18

Commendable
May 9, 2016
Hey guys, first time ever overclocking anything. After extensive armchair research, i now consider myself somewhat more informed. However, i wanted to run my stress test by you all and see if they seem fine.

Currently, i am doing a 4.2MHz overclock on the chip and using 1.39V. I was a little concerned about the motherboard temperature and have attached the stress test results after about 10 minutes of test. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated. Im using a Hyper 212 Evo that i purchased yesterday. Thanks all!

Stress Test 1 Results

clutchc

Titan
Ambassador
I don't see any temp problems there. But I wouldn't expect to. You only have the CPU up to FX-8350 Turbo Mode speed, and you have an after-market cooler. Voltage is fine anywhere below 1.5v.

djphoenix18

Commendable
May 9, 2016

Do you think i should move it up to 4.4MHz? Or do you think at 4.2 ill be okay? Thanks for your insight.

clutchc

Titan
Ambassador

Right now, you have the equivalent of the FX-8350 at stock. Take it up until it is no longer stable, or the voltage has to be raised too high, or temps get too high. Then back off to the last stable OC. But... your success is directly proportional to the quality of the M/B and PSU that you have. Not to mention the silicone itself.