Is there anyway to underclock memory in windows?

maraxion

Distinguished
Feb 17, 2013
Hello.
Iv got a few sticks of 1333 ddr3 ram that really does not want to run at 1333 stable. Putting them down to 1066-1200 speed is ok. But Now Iv moved them to a machine that has a locked bios, and offcource they work as 1333.
The machines boots and is mainly stable but have bluescreens. So I was hoping there was some program that could let me underclock the memory as soon as it boots into windows?

Have you ran a memory test possibly offered by your BIOS or within Windows https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ff700221.aspx ?

maraxion

Distinguished
Feb 17, 2013
The ram chips are fine. They have been tested and re tested. And have been running stable for 2 years on 1066 speed. On 2 other otherboard and also this motherboard they wil fail on 1333 speed. Its corsair chips and corsair have had some issues with this if you google it. So I know they are ok, just not as good as they are sold at. So I need somehow to underclock them. I Offcource can use 1 stick 8500ram, but I dont have that. So hoping for a program!
CPUtweaker lets me adjust the ram timings, but not the actual speed. Hoping for something that wil let me do that!