Choosing a suitable motherboard

Oblivious_God

Reputable
Nov 22, 2014
I am currently choosing my parts for my second build, which I will mainly be using for gaming. I have been deciding on parts for a while now and have changed my mind a lot, but I am now confident on most of my parts, EXCEPT for the motherboard as I don't always see the difference between 2 motherboards. These are the components I am thinking of using, but if you think I could change any of them then please tell me :D

Specs:
Intel core i5 6600k
Corsair H100i
Kingston HyperX Fury Black 8GB x2
Seagate barracuda 1TB 3.5" x2
GeForce GTX 980Ti 6GB
be quiet! Silent Base 800 (silver)
XFX 650W 80+ PSU

I was considering going for the Asus Z170-A but then people say that if you want to use the computer for gaming go for the Asus Z170 pro gaming. However some people seem to have problems with that motherboard as well. So any suggestions or comments will be much appreciated, thanks in advance :D

That list of the components you already have?
I would suggest you to look into buying a SDD as well.
For the motherboard, the Z170 Extreme 4 is a great motherboard at excellent price right now.

Oblivious_God

Reputable
Nov 22, 2014

Sorry for long reply, but thanks for the quick reply despite me taking so long. Yeah I am considering buying an SSD instead of one of the hardrives, and yes I have had a look at the Z170 Extreme 4 motherboard and I agree it does look impressive and is at a suitable price as well. However in terms of future proofing, it doesn't seem to support SLI and I have had a look at the MSI z170a SLI plus which is also at an affordable price, and I feel this seems like a better option. If I am missing something please let me know (as in a significant difference between the boards). Thanks in advance XD.