Half of my 5TB hard drive partitioned to cd rom?

Solution
That can't be right, I think you find D drive is your CD drive with the Asrock Support CD in it. I can see where the rest of 5tb is, its behind the current C drive.

What are the specs of this PC? Is it a custom or Brand name? If brand name, what make/model? if custom, what motherboard?

What I suspect is the case is your PC is set up as legacy boot format and as such, its set the drive up as MBR. MBR can only access max of 2.2tb on a drive, so its ignored the other 2609.53gb on the hdd and left it unallocated.

What you need to have or do, is a UEFI bios set up to use UEFI boot method and then it will use GPT format on the drive and allow you access to all 5gb...

Colif

Win 11 Master
That can't be right, I think you find D drive is your CD drive with the Asrock Support CD in it. I can see where the rest of 5tb is, its behind the current C drive.

What are the specs of this PC? Is it a custom or Brand name? If brand name, what make/model? if custom, what motherboard?

What I suspect is the case is your PC is set up as legacy boot format and as such, its set the drive up as MBR. MBR can only access max of 2.2tb on a drive, so its ignored the other 2609.53gb on the hdd and left it unallocated.

What you need to have or do, is a UEFI bios set up to use UEFI boot method and then it will use GPT format on the drive and allow you access to all 5gb

http://www.howtogeek.com/193669/whats-the-difference-between-gpt-and-mbr-when-partitioning-a-drive/

Solution
Welcome to Tom's Hardware, @ahappydude!

I'd second everything that @Colif mentioned. Your 5 TB HDD is not partitioned with half in CD-ROM but rather you don't have a UEFI-based motherboard or you simply used the MBR partition table to initialize the HDD in order to boot from legacy BIOS. Sharing you PC specs will definitely help us assist you.
Besides the helpful article regarding the partition tables that has already been shared with you, I'd also suggest you check this tutorial from the community regarding Installing Windows OS onto larger HDDs.

Hope it helps you. Keep us posted with your system details & let us know if you have additional questions.
SuperSoph_WD :)

ahappydude

Commendable
Dec 18, 2016
I just got my m.2 ssd working and loaded windows on for my boot drive. I formatted the 5tb hd and it shows 2047 partition e: and 2609gb unallocated.

Here is my comp specs
ASROCK x99 i7 gaming motherboard
i7 6800k 6 core
1070 evga graphics
toshiba 5tb hd
samsung 250gb evo m.2 ssd
windows 10

ahappydude

Commendable
Dec 18, 2016
Thanks for your help, I was able to change partitions and make it a GPT drive. This was my first complete computer build and I am happy to see everything is up and running!!!