Monitor blinks when receiving calls/texts

dark_blitz

Distinguished
Nov 16, 2012
My AOC E2270Sw has been with me for almost 6 months and I've encountered this minor issue from time to time.. but this is the weirdest..

I have an old nokia phone I use for texting since my smartphone couldn't read the sim, If my phone rings in front or near the monitor, the monitor blinks. and continues to do so if the phone keeps ringing. Whether it's text or call, both seem to cause the monitor to blink black and then on again.

the other issue was that when they are using the washing machine and the washing machine was cycling the clothes, the screen blinks unless I try to place it in a different socket (which sometimes doesn't)

Is it normal or my monitor is defective?

thank you!

oczdude8

Distinguished
The washing machine thing could be because you have too much load on your circuit, causing your voltage to drop. Connect it to a socket that's on a different circuit/breaker/fuse from the washing machine.

The phone thing though, is strange. It could also be your phone is defective, and causing excessive interference.

john vitz

Reputable
Mar 4, 2014
Would you take a look and maybe think the monitor is defective. Whatever you got to realize under the part b interference specs it says can not cause harmful interference, but may accept some form of interference. I would call Aoc

dark_blitz

Distinguished
Nov 16, 2012
I agree since it only occurs when using the washing machine and occurs rarely now. not only that but it also affected the speakers creating a stutter sound whenever the machine cycles.

the phone model of the nokia is C1-00 a colored, dual sim phone with a radio (but only works if you plug in a headphone) and I don't use it at all.. It only blinks when receiving texts or calls, using ringtones doesn't cause it to blink.

update: the phone is slightly defective because the battery drains faster (like a smartphone) and sometimes says "battery full" and then "charging" every other time. though I still don't see the battery being the cause.