Solved

Computer does full restart while playing certain games please help

Currently my computer is running these components on the latest build of Windows 10 64bit. I can play certain games and normal use of the computer i.e. youtube microsoft office etc. work without any issues. For some weird reason when I run Overwatch the computer restarts after a few minutes of gameplay. It also did a full restart while playing League of Legends at one point. The temps in my computer never really exceed 45-50 degrees celsius under load.

-Corsair 600T Special Edition White
-Z97 MSI Gaming 5
-Intel i5-4690k
-Corsair HX750
-Corsair Vengeance 4x2 Ram 1600
-MSI 760 twin frozr 4Gb
-Asus dvd/cd
-WD Blue 1Tb Harddrive
-Rosewill wireless adaptor

I have run Prime 95, Furmark, memtest, sfcscan, and checked for updates to my drivers. The only way I've been able to replicate the crash consistently is by playing Overwatch. If anyone has any ideas to troubleshoot this or knows a solution please help. I've been reading through my event viewer where the crash occurs and have no idea what I am looking at...
3 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about computer full restart playing games
  1. Best answer
    Are you overclocking your CPU or memory? 4x sticks of RAM instead of 2x4GB is not such a good idea when you are after stability.

A ran down or malfunctioning PSU can also cause random reboots without BSOD (Blue Screen of Death).

Have you upgraded your motherboard to the latest BIOS?
  2. darkguset said:
    Are you overclocking your CPU or memory? 4x sticks of RAM instead of 2x4GB is not such a good idea when you are after stability.

A ran down or malfunctioning PSU can also cause random reboots without BSOD (Blue Screen of Death).

Have you upgraded your motherboard to the latest BIOS?
  3. I ended up cleaning out the case and updating my bios and the problem has since been resolved. I've had no recent issues now I think the bios was just incompatible with the newer software on my computer.
Ask a new question

Read More

System Restart Crash Computers Games windows 10