Difference between vga and HDMI cable

bunny30

Reputable
Feb 7, 2016
I have a 1080p monitor and gtx 1060 3gb .My graphic card and TV have HDMI port but my motherboard do not have one . can I connect my graphic card and TV via HDMI will there be sound without speaker or not .and what if I connect it with VGA through motherboard and TV what will be the difference I would face ? Will there be 1080p In both cases .... Plz answer ??

Solution
If you connect your computer to your TV with VGA cable then no, you will not get sound. Both VGA and HDMI should support 1080p and display it as such on your television. If you want to connect your computer to your TV AND get sound from your TV you'll need to buy and install a video card with an HDMI connection; which almost all modern cards have.

Jeff Kaos

Distinguished
If you connect your computer to your TV with VGA cable then no, you will not get sound. Both VGA and HDMI should support 1080p and display it as such on your television. If you want to connect your computer to your TV AND get sound from your TV you'll need to buy and install a video card with an HDMI connection; which almost all modern cards have.

Solution