Changed the CPU cooler, and since then my system is crasing.

GoultySoul

Distinguished
Apr 1, 2015
Hi!

I bought a new cooler for my AMD FX 6350. I never changed a cooler before, so when i tried dismantle the old fan, the cpu is remained on it. It just came out from the slot. It stucked on the fan and i had very difficult times to get it off. I didn't saw any damage in on the socket or on the mobo, so i installed the new fan, and done. Everything is working, exept the fact that my system is crashing random since then. It's crashing when i play (this is rare, but it happened a few times), it crashes when i watch movies, or browsing the net, or if i do nothing on it it still crash. Nothing is working and i need to reset it. No sound, no mouse, just the frozen screen. And the reset button isn't working. The button itself is fine, but when i press it, the system isn't reseting, just black screen and nothing. I need to press and hold the start button.

My question is, that my MoBo or my CPU is dying? Or maybe anything else? Because i don't know. I never had this problem before. I tried many test programs on the MoBo, GPU, CPU, RAM, PSU, and no luck, everything is fine. No overheating, no problems so far, and i cleaned the whole chassis.

Win 10 up to date, GPU up to date, MoBo up to date. I think the problem is hardware problem not software.

If anyone has any suggestion, i'm here to read it.

Thank You!

GoultySoul

Distinguished
Apr 1, 2015

yes. It was already prepared on the new cooler, but i f***ed up the process first, so i bought new paste.
I tested the cpu and there was no overheating. And the fun fact is that, I play games like rise of the tomb raider, doom for about 7-8 hours straight and no problem. But if i open the browser or watch a YT video it crash often. I tried different browser like the Edge or firefox (currently have Opera 42.0) but no change. I've runned several virus and malware test with Avast, Norton and so on, and all was negative.