I need help, badly.

SirNoskk

Commendable
Dec 19, 2016
Hi all!

I have recently upgraded to a z170 Pro Gaming Motherboard and I'm trying to install my drivers. I had tried downloading the network driver to 2 different USB drives but they aren't showing under my computer. I had a previous version of windows on an ssd so it's not a fresh start.

Additionally, i've got an external disk drive and this is also not showing under my computer and it has the disk that came with the board inside. The drive along with the USB drives have all been recognised under the BIOS however. Very strange to me.

Any help would be much appreciated!

SirNoskk

Commendable
Dec 19, 2016
Here is the problem however. I have no means to install it if nothing is being detected, i have a windows 10 disk. The optical drive i have installed doesn't have a power cable AND my psu is an EVGA Supernova fully modular so have no means of connecting the drive up.

SirNoskk

Commendable
Dec 19, 2016
Also, i'm still running Win7, however would be willing to have it upgraded to 10 in order to get this PC running.

You will need install the USB driver for the intel 100 series motherboard, otherwise the USB ports will not work. You can use the DVD came with the MB, or download it from ASUS site into the DVD disc.