Wifi card doesn't work with router

BlackShoe

Commendable
Mar 16, 2016
Hello, I have been having an issue with a wireless adapter I recently purchased. I have a TL-WDN4800 which seemed to be broken. after wasting an hour trying to get it to work I learned that it was not my card, but my router that was the problem. I was able to use my mobile hotspot on my tablet while it was next to my router, so I don't think that it is an issue with distance. I think that it is a problem with the type of connection but I'm not entirely sure. Any help is much appreciated.

TPlink adapters arent that great. I'm using one on this the WDN3200.

TPlink dont have drivers for Win10. The 8.1 drivers work but I couldnt connect to a 5 GHZ connection (The WDN3200 is dual band).

I had to use a 3rd party program to see the 2.4 and 5 GHZ connections on my modem.

Win10's drivers didn't work either. I could connect to 2.4 but it couldnt pick up the 5 GHZ connection

It wasnt until Win10 Anniversary update came out, that Win10 drivers worked properly. And that's what I'm using at the mo

What version of windows is installed?

BlackShoe

Commendable
Mar 16, 2016

I have Windows 10 Pro

BlackShoe

Commendable
Mar 16, 2016

I never installed it

When it comes to using Wi-fi adapters be it the usb type or the Pci-e type of card you have Blackshoe .

That can run at speeds of 450Mbps wireless.

And the router you also have you simply need to login to the router and find out what is the maximum broadcast speed the router can run at and what type of speed.

Be it from 54G to 150N, 144Mbps or N300.

Once you have that.

You simply do to the network and sharing center of windows 10.
Click on change adapter settings.

Click on the local area connection shown
Click on the properties tab.

In the new window box that opens click on the configure tab.
Click the advanced tab in the new box that opens.

Scroll down the list and find speed and duplex settings.
Select the speed the adapter should run at that is the maximum speed the router says it can perform at.
for the adapter speed and broadcast type of the router N G 144hz ect.

BlackShoe

Commendable
Mar 16, 2016

I couldnt find the speed on my router's dashboard. Do you know where I can find it on an xfinity router? Also, I couldnt find the speed and duplex settings in configuration.