Nvidia Surround requires common timing.

The Kwak

Commendable
Mar 19, 2016
Hi all, I have a problem with nvidia Surround.

I have 2 monitors plugged into my GTX 770 2GB. I have Windows 10 64 bit. I wanted to try out surround with my 2 monitors because I might be getting a third one soon and was wondering if I can run games on all three (mainly for first person shooters and racing simulators).

I went into the nvidia control panel, and started configuring my surround settings. After finishing, I clicked apply (or any other button of the sort, I'm not home right now so I can't remember what it was called). My second monitor turned off and all icons were moved to my first one. I thought that maybe I needed to restart my PC for changes to apply properly, so that's what I did.
The problem was that for some reason windows always boots on my second monitor, which still didn't work.

I unplugged it to force windows to boot on my main, and then plugged it back in and restarted.
Everything works as before now, except for one thing.
I can no longer enable surround. It says that the monitors need the same timing. As far as I'm aware though, they're both 1080p wide-screen 16:9, and both have 60Hz and 5ms response time.

The two monitors are: Asus VC239H and LG FLATRON W2243S.
I run the Asus off the DVI-D port, and the LG off the DVI-I with the included adapter to adapt to VGA.

Anyone know how to solve the issue?

The Kwak

Commendable
Mar 19, 2016
UPDATE: I played a bit of GTA, and noticed the Nvidia Control Panel light up orange on the taskbar on my second monitor. I tried enabling surround and it worked again. However, when I clicked Enable Surround, my second monitor stopped working. when I tried to play GTA (to see if the surround works regardless of the monitor not having its desktop) it didn't let me change the resolution in fullscreen from somewhere about 800x600 pixels.
Any ideas?