BSOD! I don't know what else to do! Dump file included

aehim salim

Reputable
Apr 7, 2015
So after building a new pc and installing windows I started getting this error, I tested the ram using memtest86+ and everything seems fine. Any help would be greatly appreciate it

Crash Dump: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0ByDZ_NzPrBrLX1VpNlVxOXZ4ZFU

Using Whocrashed: Crash dumps are enabled on your computer.
On Tue 12/20/2016 10:32:08 PM your computer crashed crash dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\122016-3734-01.dmp This was probably caused by the following module: hal.dll (hal+0x17830) Bugcheck code: 0x1E (0xFFFFFFFFC0000005, 0xFFFFF80035C34830, 0x0, 0xFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF) Error: KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED file path: C:\Windows\system32\hal.dll product: Microsoft® Windows® Operating System company: Microsoft Corporation description: Hardware Abstraction Layer DLL Bug check description: This indicates that a kernel-mode program generated an exception which the error handler did not catch. This appears to be a typical software driver bug and is not likely to be caused by a hardware problem. The crash took place in a standard Microsoft module. Your system configuration may be incorrect. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver on your system that cannot be identified at this time.

How long did you run memtest for? Whats the mobo and CPU??

I would update Smart Connect Technology Device Driver. The drivers are 4 yrs old. Old drivers can crash windows

If updating the above fixes this crash, I would update the BIOS. If it's an ASUS mobo update the BIOS in the BIOS

aehim salim

Reputable
Apr 7, 2015

I have an i5-4690k, I ran the memtest for about 18 hours got 10 passes, I also did update the bios and the intel smart connect tech

aehim salim

Reputable
Apr 7, 2015

I updated it from the Intel website and now when it crashes it won't even write a dump file