Selling gtx 1070 on ebay. Things to be aware of?

Oct 8, 2013
Firstly, I know that this isn't really too relevant to the site, but thought that people on here will know more than me when it comes to selling pc parts on ebay. I'm mainly concerned about getting scammed by people and was hoping for some pointers from people on here on how to take sufficient precautions, such as who to use as a mail service, (I live in UK), such that if the item were damaged in transit then it is the mail service that is liable, not me. As well as other things such as taking videos of the functioning compnonent prior to sending etc.
Any help would be really appreciated!

BadAsAl

Distinguished
There is nothing you can do to prevent me from buying your item, claiming it is not as described and sending something else back in it's place. eBay will side with the buyer every single time. It happened to me, sold a $200 motherboard, buyer claimed it was faulty and sent back a different motherboard. I had pictures of the serial number on the board, I had my initials in permanent marker on some of the chips. All of this documentation meant diddly squat to eBay. The buyer turned out to be a store in California who bought and sold under different eBay accounts so they could pull this kind of stuff. Not trying to scare you, just pointing out that if someone wants to cheat you, eBay is a very easy way to do it. And to boot, you can't even leave them negative feedback to warn other sellers!! It is why I don't sell on eBay any more.

Having said that, use a mail service with insurance that covers the sales price on eBay. Package it really well. If it does get damaged, file a claim with the shipper ASAP and they should take care of you. If they don't come on back and I'll share my knowledge on how I got them to pay me after they denied my claim 3 times.

Oct 8, 2013

That's really worrying. Are there any other ways to ship this item other than ebay? I'm really worried about being scammed ngl.

SBMfromLA

Distinguished

I've never used eBay before... but I do use Craigslist. I've never experienced any problems and all transactions have been in person and with cash. Plus, its free to list your items. Even if do decide to use eBay it wouldn't hurt to also list your item on Craigslist at the same time.

i only sell higher value items with collection only and cash only--regardless of whether it says you have to take paypal

i show them the item working they pay cash

yes it cuts down the amount of people you can sell to but it also cuts out those dishonest ebayers who are a minority but mean you have to be so careful

TRENDING THREADS