Hover preview for taskbar icons just stopped working for me one day and I can't figure out how to get it back

adams215

Reputable
May 1, 2014
As I'm sure you all know, in windows when you put your mouse over an icon of an open program it shows you a preview like this
HsB63.png

Mine has stopped doing that and I have been looking up several solutions like restarting my computer, restarting windows explorer through task manager, going under performance options to confirm that the feature is enabled (which it is), and going under the registry editor to change to value of the NumThumbnails entry. Nothing works so I'm hoping I can find a solution on here.

adams215

Reputable
May 1, 2014

as I've said I've gone under the settings and the option for this feature is enabled but it is not working

adams215

Reputable
May 1, 2014

1. that feature is enabled on my computer
2. that feature is for hovering over the small bit at the far right of your taskbar to see your desktop without clicking on it.

I am considering just using a system restore point and hoping that works because I can't find a solution that works for me.

adams215

Reputable
May 1, 2014

None of the solutions I got from other people worked so I just ended up reformatting my C drive and now everything works fine.