Buying and selling GPUs on Craigslist

imrazor

Distinguished
OK, so I've bought and sold phones and laptops on Craigslist and there's a few basic steps. Arrange to meet at a public place, boot up your wares and prove that they work.

GPUs are a little different in that they need a tower and monitor for testing. In perusing Craigslist, I've noticed sellers offering to let the buyer test the GPU before purchase. I can't think of a McDonald's that'll let me haul in a tower and monitor and hook it up to fast food power.

I'm a cautious (and messy) sort who's not to keen on going into someone else's house, or letting a stranger into mine. How do these deals usually go down?

Solution
I've sold 2-3 GPUs on Craigslist and the buyer has never asked to test the GPU - never had an issue.

I always tell the person to text/call me if it doesn't work and I'd take the card back, but it hasn't happened yet.

Then again, I'm not a scumbag looking to rip people off.
I've sold 2-3 GPUs on Craigslist and the buyer has never asked to test the GPU - never had an issue.

I always tell the person to text/call me if it doesn't work and I'd take the card back, but it hasn't happened yet.

Then again, I'm not a scumbag looking to rip people off.

Solution
I've sold them with just a picture of the computer open and it running a game. I've sold full desktops as well and people never ask to test them (or even look inside of it to make sure its all there). If someone really wants proof you could use skype or something and show them it running live (just an idea)