asus rog pg348 wont switch to 100hz

Scott_129

Commendable
Dec 23, 2016
Hello,

I have recently finished a new build and added the Asus PG348. Very nice monitor except the fact it is not allowing me to overclock to 100hz or anything above 60.

Build:

Intel i7 6700k CPU
Captain 240ex water cooling
Asus Strix 1070 oc GPU
Corsiar HX 750i PSU
Asus Maximus Viii Ranger motherboard
Corsair 4x8gb 3000MHz DDR4 ram

Every time I select the OC option (anything over 60, not just 100) the screen resets and then constantly flashes black and reappears (2 or 3 times a second, sometimes black for a whole second then appears for half a second)

During the flashing I can (barley) navigate to the Nvidia control panel and select the higher frame rate, also in the windows settings, but it does not change anything - would even say it makes it worse.

I am not sure if its due to a faulty panel? or is there something im missing (maybe the DP cord?)

Appreciate the help!

Solution
I had read that already, with no success . . .

although I have since noticed I was using the DP from old monitor - plugged in the new one that came in box and bamm! problem solved!

Must not have been a 1.3 cable I was using :) very very happy!!! 100hz works fine, dont even need to down it to 90 or 95.

Thank you for the quick reply though

Scott_129

Commendable
Dec 23, 2016

although I have since noticed I was using the DP from old monitor - plugged in the new one that came in box and bamm! problem solved!

Must not have been a 1.3 cable I was using :) very very happy!!! 100hz works fine, dont even need to down it to 90 or 95.

Solution

Scott_129

Commendable
Dec 23, 2016