My Mobo isn't detecting my 960 evo...

zzont1

Commendable
Sep 18, 2016
I have a MSI TOMAHAWK x99a.. reset cmos just in case and still nothing.

1080 in slot one
reset are empty

no sata plugged in

What setting did you change? Have got the manual now.

Also, double check the m2 drive is clipped in fully. It can take force, and quite a few people find that it isnt actually inserted into the slot properly.

zzont1

Commendable
Sep 18, 2016
Fully in.. UEFI basically.. Kinda nervous I might have shocking it but I've built everything in my build without shocking it.. what are the chances

Unless you can be more specific about exactly which settings you have changed its hard to help.

Load default BIOS settings then just change SATA mode to AHCI, Windows 8.1/ 10 WHQL Support to Enabled and Boot Mode Select to UEFI. Then save, exit and reboot. If that doesnt work I dont know what is wrong. If you change even one other setting pay attention to what and say. If you just play around with settings randomly its like chasing shadows for us.

And double check it is clipped in fully. Dont worry about shocks. Its fine.

zzont1

Commendable
Sep 18, 2016

its warm tho... so obviously the M.2 slot is giving power to it

zzont1

Commendable
Sep 18, 2016

Yup asked for drivers after that.. I put drivers on another USB but it didnt even show them... i am giving it another shot

Then your BIOS can see it....

Yeah try again. Make sure SATA mode is AHCI.

I cant see a setting for PCIE or SATA for the m2 port, but if you can see one make sure its PCIE. Maybe M.2 Source Link setting? It should automatically do it tho.

zzont1

Commendable
Sep 18, 2016
everything things on auto.. and AHCI sSATA and SATA... no m.2 exclusive option besides m.2/sata 5 are together in the listing

zzont1

Commendable
Sep 18, 2016

Yup... from the install screen it doesn't notice exes... just plain windows it doesnt detect the driver...sol

zzont1

Commendable
Sep 18, 2016

literally nothing lol.. no drivers