Dual monitor setup issue with gaming capture card. Please help

Chaos14

Commendable
Mar 24, 2016
So just recently. i bought a new 24 inch monitor and my other one is a 23 inch tv, and i tend to use my capture card to record games and such but i ran into issues. My graphics card has 1 HDMI port and 3 display ports. My capture card only has 1 HDMI in and out. Typically for 1 monitor capture card setup, you would run the HDMI from the monitor to the OUT of the capture card and the HDMI from IN to the graphics card HDMI on the PC. (Keep in mind, im using the avermedia lgp c875 capture card, NOT the one that is connected to mobo) Im trying to add a tv that i used as a monitor prior, so that i can have a dual monitor setup. None of the monitors have a display port and i dont want to go buy a converter right now. I had a 3rd HDMI cord laying around for this situation and ran that from my tv to the only cable left open on my pc that is connected to the mobo. I am getting no display and i dont know a way around this besides just keeping 1 monitor. (I see many youtubers with dual monitors and a capture card and im lost. Any help is very appreciated!

Solution

Mobo ports use the igpu. Just set the monitor connected to your rx480 as main in windows. All gpu acceleration (that's games too) gets done on the main gpu and just passes on to the other gpu to display on the monitors connected to it. Switching which monitor is main switches what gpu is main.

Only a few software use the other gpu for work which is also the case for multiple graphics cards (same models not in sli or cf, or if they are too) as well as different models. Directx 12 also has a multi adapter feature to use different gpus together but we...

Mobo ports use the igpu. Just set the monitor connected to your rx480 as main in windows. All gpu acceleration (that's games too) gets done on the main gpu and just passes on to the other gpu to display on the monitors connected to it. Switching which monitor is main switches what gpu is main.

Only a few software use the other gpu for work which is also the case for multiple graphics cards (same models not in sli or cf, or if they are too) as well as different models. Directx 12 also has a multi adapter feature to use different gpus together but we haven't seen games use it except with ashes of singularity. There might be more but I haven't kept up with it.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS