Computer freezing with a sound in the background after upgrading my graphics card

Bari___

Commendable
Dec 24, 2016
When I play it sometimes happen that my computer freezes with a weird sound in the backgroud , the screen goes black and the only thing I can do is turn it down and on again with power switch.

I built up my comp 1-2 years ago and I still havent got an answer for my problem, it started to happen the day I upgraded my graphics card, so I have been suspecting it , it is also overclocked from the factory so I was thinking about an instability of it.
It always happens when my computer is really loud , like under a big pressure so it happens only when I play some games like gta 5 , h1z1 , rocket league and csgo on some maps (mostly the biggest ones like Cobblestone , it happens often on that map)

These are my specs: Intel Core i7-4790K CPU @4.00 GHz
16gb ram HyperX I believe
motherboard:msi z97 gaming 5
graphic card:nvidia geforce gtx 970 4gb Overclocked
my psu:Zalman 600W, ZM600-TX

I tried a lot of drivers and did a lot of full uninstalls and again installing the newest drivers , it didn´t help.

Bari___

Commendable
Dec 24, 2016
I checked the system temps and they are good , I had the newest BIOS version and I hope am going to my friend tomorrow where we´ll be testing my graphics on his comp :) I will write tomrrow

Bari___

Commendable
Dec 24, 2016
We tested the GPU on my friends comp and everything worked fine , we put some real pressure on the card and didnt happen but when I came home and started playing after a half an hour , my screen turnt solid color and the computer freezed with a sound in the background .

Unless your system is a lot hotter than his, maybe power supply, maybe motherboard, could be drivers but that is not as likely.

Bari___

Commendable
Dec 24, 2016

What is the best way to test the motherboard ?

There is no good way aside from replacing it. Without swapping parts you can't really tell if the issue is with the motherboard or component on it.