Just built computer and I'm getting constant freezes and BSODs

Supermak99

Commendable
Dec 24, 2016
I have been getting the following BSODs (in this order):

• IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL
    MEMORY_MANAGEMENT
    CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED
    SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION (what failed: win32kfull.sys)
    KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED (what failed: dxgmms2.sys)
    DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL
    BAD_POOL_HEADER
I've been getting these errors for a couple days now and my research is telling me that I need to update my drivers, but the first thing i did after i turned my computer on for the first time was install the driver discs that came with my parts. Is there anything I might be missing? I most often get these errors while I'm gaming, though some will occur during boot up, and a couple even pop up out of the blue! Freezing occurs only while gaming however. I've been running Speccy and my temps are fine.

Specs:

CPU: Intel core i5 6600k
    Ram: G.Skill Ripjaws V Series 16GB (2x8GB) DDR4-2400 Memory
    Motherboard: Asus Z170 Pro Gaming
    GPU: ASUS NVIDIA GeForce Gtx 1070 ROG STRIX
    Storage: Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200 RPM HDD
    PSU: EVGA 500W 80 plus certified power supply

xtcmax

Distinguished
Dec 25, 2012
I am not trying to promote anything but downloading Driver Booster 4 will help you to update all your drivers automatically. I used to have my PC freeze and could not fix the damn issue for a long time. Turned out I had a lot of old drivers. Try that proggy and see if it helps.

USAFRet

Titan

New drivers, direct from the manufacturer. Don't go through any driver updater thing.
Go get the ones you want, and install them yourself.

Supermak99

Commendable
Dec 24, 2016

What would you recommend? I'm pretty new to all of this.

Colif

Win 11 Master

Repeating USAFret here... don't use Driver Booster, it doesn't always get the right drivers and can break things in the process. I used it last year and twice it installed wrong drivers, and only fact it makes a restore point before the operation saved me having to do more to fix it.

Always better to use Hardware makers web site, and OP could use AI Suite 3 to upgrade drivers since its built into the Ezy Update tab in the software.

Colif

Win 11 Master
KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED (what failed: dxgmms2.sys) = graphics drivers
SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION (what failed: win32kfull.sys) = desktop, could be graphics drivers again
Try this to fix nvidia drivers: http://www.tomshardware.com/faq/id-2767677/clean-graphics-driver-install-windows.html

rest are driver errors so after you update your drivers, see if you get any errors... if you do, the dumps will show causes

How to create minidumps
Can you follow option one here: http://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/5560-bsod-minidump-configure-create-windows-10-a.html
and then do this step below: Small memory dumps - Have Windows Create a Small Memory Dump (Minidump) on BSOD

that creates a file in c/windows/minidump
copy that file to documents
upload the copy from documents to a cloud server and share the link here and paul will look at them

xtcmax

Distinguished
Dec 25, 2012

Colif, this is how Driverbooster looks like right now:

screenshot_161.jpg

You don't have to update automatically. Instead you can view what drivers are outdated and install them yourself. If your experience was bad, it doesn't mean everyone had a bad experience.