Dual displays not showing the same white color

skunkwrks

Honorable
Feb 6, 2014
I have a new ASUS GTX1070 card and 2 ASUS PA328Q monitors, one is running Display Port and the other HDMI at 3840 x 2160 pixels 60hz each (both on one card)

The one i had is great, clear and the white is nice, the new one is not showing correct white meaning the older one i have is showing it brighter.

I thought it may be one is using DPort and the other HDMI, I swapped the two monitors inputs and the same thing happens, the settings are identical and still the new monitor is a but more non white.

Solution
So found out what it was, I bought this from eBay, listing said brand new, came in and looked exactly as the NEW once i bought from a retailer.
Hooked it up and saw the issue that i would have not known about unless i had another unit to compare it to.

I contact ASUS chat, ran the serial.....refurb.

Ran my other serial, new.

A few issues here, a refurb is 90 days warranty, i pay for shipping ( this is a big a** box) but a BRAND new unit is 36 MONTHS with free shipping, that alone is worth buying new, the new one i bought for $840, wont see that again and now a new one is $950+, this one i bought was $740 under the assumption of the description that it was new, this shipping on this box is $80.

So now i have to uhook, re box, re...

skunkwrks

Honorable
Feb 6, 2014

Yes both on 5200K, settings are exact, i hop it is not an issue with using one card for 2 monitors but i shut one off and used the DPort with same issues.

Don't think that is the issue.. my *guess* is that it's best to get the monitors at the same time from the same store in order to likely get 2 monitors produced from a similar product run. I imagine there's info on the monitor that says production date or version or similar serial numbers or something. If it's returnable, you could try another and maybe luck out somehow, or else you're going to have to tweak both to get them as similar as you can.

skunkwrks

Honorable
Feb 6, 2014
So found out what it was, I bought this from eBay, listing said brand new, came in and looked exactly as the NEW once i bought from a retailer.
Hooked it up and saw the issue that i would have not known about unless i had another unit to compare it to.

I contact ASUS chat, ran the serial.....refurb.

Ran my other serial, new.

A few issues here, a refurb is 90 days warranty, i pay for shipping ( this is a big a** box) but a BRAND new unit is 36 MONTHS with free shipping, that alone is worth buying new, the new one i bought for $840, wont see that again and now a new one is $950+, this one i bought was $740 under the assumption of the description that it was new, this shipping on this box is $80.

So now i have to uhook, re box, re turn...not worth it.

Just an FYI and thanks guys !

Solution