Default Resolution is gone after installing Nvidia drivers

Dolphing Kujog

Distinguished
Oct 16, 2014
Hey guys! I'm having a problem here with my screen resolution. I was using an r7 240 before with a 1440x900 as my default monitor's resolution. As soon as I got a gtx 560, installed the drivers and everything, my resolution got messed up. I have several screen resolution available but the 1440x900 is gone. I have tried every available resolution but they all look terrible. Please help. The picture is either stretched vertically or horizontally depending on the resolution.

Solution
Go to Display > Advanced display settings > Display adapter properties > List All Modes. Your resolution might show up there.

If it doesn't show up there, you can force a resolution through nvidia control panel. On the left menu, go to Display > Change resolution. Click Customize... and check the box which says "enable resulotions not exposed by the display".
The rest should be self explanatory.

Dolphing Kujog

Distinguished
Oct 16, 2014

Yes I did. I also used the DDU when I installed the new drivers.

There seems to be some kind of underlying software issue here, but in the mean time you should be able to create a custom resolution in the Nvidia Control Panel. In the Change Resolution tab, right under the list is a "Customize" button. Just be sure to get your refresh rate correct (check your screen manual if you have it/Google it) if you exceed that exciting artifacts can appear, or you can begin your journey into monitor overclocks! Hope this helps.

theunliked

Reputable
Dec 3, 2014
Go to Display > Advanced display settings > Display adapter properties > List All Modes. Your resolution might show up there.

If it doesn't show up there, you can force a resolution through nvidia control panel. On the left menu, go to Display > Change resolution. Click Customize... and check the box which says "enable resulotions not exposed by the display".
The rest should be self explanatory.

Solution

Dolphing Kujog

Distinguished
Oct 16, 2014
I found some solution about creating custom resolution and now it's normal (I guess). But I think I might have found the cause. In the resolution menu, my PC detects my display as generic noon-Pnp monitor. Also, I'm using a DVI adapter because the GPU has no VGA slot and my monitor only supports VGA.