Asus gpu tweak 2 thread

petermoe

Reputable
Dec 19, 2015
I have looked around and found, that many people have or have had problems with this software. I want to make this thread so people can come here with all their problems and experience, and some may find answers from someone else's experience. So pls, post your experience about this application, whether it's good or bad, someone may find it helpful!
I'll start out: For me, the software starts every time I boot up my PC, but it closes every time I open a game or so. Also I can't open it manually via a shortcut, so that leaves me unable to use my OC mode on my 1080.
Feel free to post solutions/experiences of any kind!

Colif

Win 11 Master
I haven't updated my version of GPU Tweak for about 10 months and it doesn't give me any problems though I don't use it to overclock card, instead I have set a minimum fan % so its always running, as its default is 40c and I find having it running helps to keep other parts of PC cool in summer. I found I had to get it to show on screen every start or it will forget my fan plan

All the problems it seems to cause makes me think I won't be updating it any time soon.

petermoe

Reputable
Dec 19, 2015

So yeah u have it on so it starts every time u open ur pc right? If you then close it, will it keep the settings? in your case the fan, where i have it on OC mode.
What im asking is, will the settings only apply as long as its open and showing in the taskbar, or will it be on even when you cant see it?

Colif

Win 11 Master
by task bar, do you mean the notification area near the clock as well? with the up arrow

It only runs the settings if program isn't shutdown. It doesn't need to be on the desktop or showing, but needs to be somewhere on the taskbar or in the notification area, or the program settings don't apply. It doesn't need to be showing an icon on the taskbar though or on the desktop.

MissM999

Prominent
Feb 18, 2017
I've had my new gaming PC for 2 weeks now (built by scan.co.uk) but I can't get the asus gpu tweak 2 to open - uninstalled and reinstalled about a million times, tried "run as administrator", opened file location and tried running from there too. I've searched around and someone did suggest turning off the User Account Control setting which could be preventing it from opening but that didn't help either.
I'm not too PC savvy so don't know what else I could try.