1440p monitor advice

Raime123

Commendable
Sep 10, 2016
So I'm planning my first PC Build (gaming/streaming) and it includes an ASUS STRIX 1070 8GB OC. This GPU's sweet spot is obviously 1440p & so I wanted a monitor to take advantage of that. I mainly wanted to play RPG games, so the aesthetics of the game take priority over hz, refresh time, g sync, etc. As I was searching, I found this https://pcpartpicker.com/product/D7hj4D/acer-monitor-umkg7aa002
The problem is that I really wanted an 34" ultra wide. And I can't find one that's even close to my price range. I'm talking $300. The closest I've found is around $700. It looks like I could buy a triple monitor setup for the same price of an ultrawide. Can somebody point me into the direction of what I'm looking for or tell me if there are any plans to make an affordable 1440p ultrawide?

Solution
As someone that almost bought that Acer....pass on it. Getting G-sync and a fast monitor for $700 is the way to go for fps, although that isn't your bag. I know the price sucks but it should last 5yrs. 34" Ultrawide is $1000+ and wants more than a 1070 to get the benefits.

Triple monitor?....its almost 2017...I never see it anymore. All I see is high res and ultrawide.

Can you buy the monitor and return it within a period for refund? If you want Ultrawide 1440p then $550 is your range.
As someone that almost bought that Acer....pass on it. Getting G-sync and a fast monitor for $700 is the way to go for fps, although that isn't your bag. I know the price sucks but it should last 5yrs. 34" Ultrawide is $1000+ and wants more than a 1070 to get the benefits.

Triple monitor?....its almost 2017...I never see it anymore. All I see is high res and ultrawide.

Can you buy the monitor and return it within a period for refund? If you want Ultrawide 1440p then $550 is your range.

Solution