Screen tearing on tvs vs monitor

gaben_

Commendable
Dec 26, 2016
So I have this monitor by Lg 25um56 a ultra wide 60hz 1080p monitor. When I play Overwatch I get a screen tear almost every 15 seconds it's only on the bottom of the screen, same spot all the time. (I don't know if anything has to do with this but its has static in the tearing). I tried everything to fix this and im wondering if I have to go out and spend 200+ on a 144hz monitor which I don't want to do.

But when I play on my 60hz Samsung 1080p 32in tv I dont have this problem why is this. That a 60hz monitor has screen tearing and my tv does not.

And yes I have my fps to be the same with the monitor.

Solution
your monitor has higher res than TV, so the frame rate can't really be the same unless it's limited by CPU or in game.
overwatch is crappy game when it comes to ultra wide. so i'd suggest trying to set in game settings 1980x1080 without stretching or scaling.
then it will be the same.
depending on your GPU, you can use one of the sync options to completelly eliminate the screen tearing at the cost of higher input lag.

your monitor has higher res than TV, so the frame rate can't really be the same unless it's limited by CPU or in game.
overwatch is crappy game when it comes to ultra wide. so i'd suggest trying to set in game settings 1980x1080 without stretching or scaling.
then it will be the same.
depending on your GPU, you can use one of the sync options to completelly eliminate the screen tearing at the cost of higher input lag.

Solution