Hows PC gaming today?

WonkaFlonka

Commendable
Dec 26, 2016
It's been a good while since I last did any real gaming, specifically PC gaming. When I did game, CS and TF2 were pretty big at the time and those were probably my most frequented games. I'm not much of a console gamer and I pretty much limited myself to Nintendo brand systems simply for the Mario / Zelda games, so I've been out of touch for a really long time with gaming overall.

With the PC having been my main platform for gaming, I'm curious as to how gaming is now. I don't have a desktop at the moment but, I'd like to build one again to start getting back into it. I was looking through the systems section to get an idea of what to expect and I see people building their rigs around games like CSGO and BF1. CSGO seems to have been kept the same with a new look, some new features, and some new maps which is good considering CS was one of my favorite online shooters. I'm not very familiar with the BF series, even back then I never played any of them. Based on all the build threads, it seems fairly active. So other than CS and BF, are there other online shooters which are fairly active? TFC still had active servers at the time and TF2 was pretty active. I haven't seen much talk with that game though.

What about PC gaming in general? RTS, action adventure, etc. I played WoWBC but ultimately quit wow at the end of 2007. I don't seem myself getting back into MMOs though due to not having the time I once had. Besides the games that I've missed out on and the games that are out now, are there games worth looking forward to in the near future? I'm sure I could've worded this thread with one or two sentences but whatever! lol

xtcmax

Distinguished
Dec 25, 2012
I will try to answer shortly. The new games that are coming our are stunningly beautiful and if you want the full experience then you are looking at about 1.5k gaming PC. 1.5 meaning the setup will be future proof for about 3-5 years.