Can I setup my 4k TV as a third display?

MarioRud

Honorable
May 4, 2015
So I currently have 2 Asus 144hz Monitors connected to my GTX 1060 in a dual monitor setup. . I want to also connect my 4K TV to my PC and use it to play some light games such as rocket league and also stream some movies and videos.. What would be the best way of going about doing this? My TV is not beside my two monitors and I want to be able to turn it off when I'm not using it, but also automatically connect to my PC when I turn it on (If my PC is on) Would the best thing to do be to buy a HDMI 2.0 cable and connect it straight from the GPU to the TV? I want my TV to act as a third monitor and extend the display but only when it's turned on.When I turn it off I want my PC to turn back to dual monitor setup. Will my GPU automatically adjust the screens when I turn the TV on and off? The two monitors I currently have are 1080p so that may be an issue when trying to add a third 4k display. Any suggestions are appreciated, thanks!

Solution
yes getting a monitor/hdmi cable would be the route to go. If your TV is not on windows won't see it, if it is well it does. I do a similar thing myself at times.

MarioRud

Honorable
May 4, 2015

Ok, thanks for the help! Will there be any scaling problems when the TV is connected since it's a different resolution than my monitors?