Infinite Boot Loop of whea_uncorrectable_error

DefiancetK

Commendable
Dec 26, 2016
I had just got all the parts for my first computer build and started building the morning of Dec 25. Once the build was complete it was runnings as great as I expected it to run, therefore I downloading the Nividia Drivers, Steam, Uplay, Skype, and games on those platforms. As the computer started running windows 10 fine from a USB install that started around 9 the computer got a bsod at 4. The bsod said "clock_watchdog_timeout" then restarted. Upon restart it had a new error message this time it was "whea_uncorrectable_error", and if its not one of those errors it will be "machine_check_exception". After hours of contacting support I finally got a answer, they said " Its your motherboard I would recommend sending that one back and getting a new one" And thats exactly what I did. After i finished installing the new mobo i turned it back on only to find that the same problem is still there. I contacted the tech again and he said that if i replaced the mobo and it still shows up he honestly has "no clue". I have since then been pulling my hair out trying to find out what is wrong, i have tried multiple times to test the ram, the gpu, and the problem still resides. I still have not been able to access the computer even through the windows setup usb (when i boot from it it has a black screen with a white line at the top left corner) All of my components show up in my BIOS in good conditions with perfect temps.
Specs:
Intel i7 6700k
Thermaltake 600w SMART PSU
WD 1Tb internal hdd
Asus Z170 Pro Gaming/Aura
Asus Strix Gtx 1070 OC
Ballistix Sport DDR4 ram (2x8)gb
Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo CPU cooler

Colif

Win 11 Master
Check the CPU, are you overclocked? - remove it if you are. Make sure its getting the right cooling and none of the pins are bent.

All 3 errors are hardware errors, WHEA is almost always CPU related, the other two are usually associated as well. MCE & WHEA are inter changeable in that they more or less the same error.

IF windows booted you could run https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/19792/Intel-Processor-Diagnostic-Tool on the CPU

you may need to turn off fast boot before the BIOS will see the USB drive at boot. Some motherboards shut off all USB devices except the keyboard/mouse at start up.

DefiancetK

Commendable
Dec 26, 2016

Ive never overclocked before I got the message, but I am now only able to boot if I raise the CPU voltage, but after two or three mins at the desktop trying find my minidumps or memtest it freezes for 10 seconds then goes to the bsod again. I am able to go into safe mode for longer than 3 mins but it will still freeze before or during any tests.

Colif

Win 11 Master
What tech support were you talking to? I think you need to get professional help, as that could be a faulty CPU.

Hardware isn't my strong point, I can work out most software errors but when it comes to voltages and setting up hardware, I am not so sure. I haven't tried to make my own pc in over 13 years, I made one once and learned a lesson then, let someone who knows what they are doing make them.. that is just my personal lesson, I don't expect others to follow it.

DefiancetK

Commendable
Dec 26, 2016

I was talking to microcenter's tech support, but with the information you gave me I will definitely look into the cpu by sending this one back and getting a new one thanks for your help so far.