Is there anyway to make it so that a display is only enabled when a specific program is launched?

cgprats

Reputable
Dec 25, 2015
I have a TV that I wish to use exclusively for KODI. I wish to have it disabled when KODI is closed and automatically enabled once it is opened. The reason why I want to do this is because when I have my TV turned off, it is still detected as a monitor and programs are occasionally opened on that display, forcing me to turn on my TV to move it to my monitor.

Solution
I can't think of a way to script a change in display settings. If it was possible I guess you could create a launcher script (batch, vb, etc) that could replace the file responsible for holding display settings and then launch KODI. My guess is that its not just a file or easily changed registry key to switch out display settings and thats why this sort of thing isn't super common.

LilDog1291

Honorable
Jan 9, 2013
I can't think of a way to script a change in display settings. If it was possible I guess you could create a launcher script (batch, vb, etc) that could replace the file responsible for holding display settings and then launch KODI. My guess is that its not just a file or easily changed registry key to switch out display settings and thats why this sort of thing isn't super common.

Solution