PC repeatedly attempts to load Windows, ask for a reinstall of Windows, restarts itself, then does the same over and over.

Bongers

Honorable
Sep 15, 2016
A few days ago I posted this: http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/answers/id-3279136/froze-played-loud-repeating-buzz-problem-stranger.html which got no answers.

Today I attempted a format, and a fresh reinstall of Win10, as I had seen other people suggest on questions similar to mine. But my best guess is, that my PC crashed in the middle of it, and may have disrupted it completely. I don't know at what point it crashed, or how much it has actually FUBARd.

I know the original question was a VERY specific and strange problem, but now it almost seems like my PC is completely gone. I did a bootable Windows 10 on my USB if that matters at all.

Solution
You might be best getting a repair store to look at it, and they will be able to fix windows and replace the card if it is the problem.

It doesn't look like its the monitor as the lines aren't on all the screens.

Colif

Win 11 Master
was the buzzing coming from the speakers or the case? if speakers, probably just drivers causing the buzz, it can happen after a freeze.

Judging by screen shots, I would think the problem is your Graphics card itself

this doesn't look good
oN7oecl.jpg

WtmcxSG.jpg

Windows won't install if the card is playing up. it could be the reason it keeps restarting. Probably caused the freezing too

Once you fix the screen up, then i would run http://www.dban.org/ on the boot drive, wipe windows and start afresh

Bongers

Honorable
Sep 15, 2016
Like I said in the original question, I'm not too good with hardware, but the USB booting isn't something I know how to do either. I found several places, and had several friends suggest that I have it as an option.

This might sound like an unnecessary step or a pointless idea, but I still have my Windows 7 disk. Would it be possible to install that, and then update to Windows 10 from the USB instead?

EDIT: Also, if it's "just" the card, then I think I do have the money to buy a new one.

Colif

Win 11 Master
You might be best getting a repair store to look at it, and they will be able to fix windows and replace the card if it is the problem.

It doesn't look like its the monitor as the lines aren't on all the screens.

Solution