Will more ram improve performance on MY laptop?

beggersrun

Commendable
Dec 28, 2016
Greetings. New here. Please be gentle :)

I acquired a used HP/Compaq laptop (Presario CQ61) running Windows 7. I performed a full recovery to factory, then installed Windows 10. I noticed that it was running pretty slow, so I checked ... only 2 GB ram installed, and only 1 processor. I realize that in most situations, more ram would improve performance, but since there's only one processor, would it help much?

Thanks!

- Dale

khashayar2000

Respectable
Jun 24, 2016
Yes It Will Improve The Speed .

The Ram Capacity Is Like A Room For Ur Laptop The More The Better Until It Gets The Enough And Sufficient Room For Live And Breath (Lovely Story) So AS Long As U Upgrade Ur Ram To 8Gb U Will See A Noticable Improvements Specially If Ur Current Ram Is 2gb ( Very Low ) But Ur Laptop Should Have The Expandable Ram Ability So U Can Upgrade It ;)

Regards

solomspd112

Commendable
Dec 28, 2016
khashayar2000 is right but to be clear more ram doesn't simply mean better performance. you will only get more performance from upgrading your RAM if you are currently using all you RAM capacity running you applications and windows

khashayar2000

Respectable
Jun 24, 2016

Yes U Are Right And Since Im Sure He have Memory Capacity Shortage (Specially He Is Using Win 10 . Pretty Heavy ) He Needs More Capacity To Do His Jobs Better Without Any Shortage :)