Win 10 key for a different version of win 10?

BSulyok

Commendable
Apr 29, 2016
A very quick and simple question looking for a similar answer:
Can I use my windows 10 [N, 64-bit, US-english] version key for windows 10 [KN, 64-bit, US-english]? The only difference being N/KN.
I own this key and I will be using on the same computer after a wipe.

Solution
Not really a simple question -- the KN edition is for Korea while N is for the EU.

The N edition, like Windows 8 and 7 is to comply with EU requirements to remove the media player. The KN edition for Korea removes both the media player and the instant messenger.

The N key does not work with the normal US installation that has no letter designation, and it is unlikely that the situation is different with the NK edition.

Why not simply reinstall the N edition with your N key, you should be able to download an installer?

RealBeast

Titan
Not really a simple question -- the KN edition is for Korea while N is for the EU.

The N edition, like Windows 8 and 7 is to comply with EU requirements to remove the media player. The KN edition for Korea removes both the media player and the instant messenger.

The N key does not work with the normal US installation that has no letter designation, and it is unlikely that the situation is different with the NK edition.

Why not simply reinstall the N edition with your N key, you should be able to download an installer?

Solution

USAFRet

Titan

Just obtain the correct Win 10 install from Microsoft.
Here: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10

"Language in Windows. You'll need to choose the same language when you install Windows 10. To see what language you're currently using, go to Time and language in PC settings or Region in Control Panel."

BSulyok

Commendable
Apr 29, 2016
Sorry I was not aware KN was a Korean version. In spite of that let me rephrase. I want to use my key for an N for a version without N.

Obtaining any version of win 10 is not a problem but I want the official full software especially since I own a key.

I definitely need a version with the media pack (N not only removes media player, there are other features) because without it there is literally no way of connecting my (windows) phone with the system. Now I wanted to work with a compact non-N version just because it saves me from the trouble of adding the media pack later (this is not trivial either) but I see I simply won't have a working key for it. Thanks for the answers.