my usb ports work but my display ports wont

FlowRez

Reputable
Dec 20, 2016
so i built my computer and on the first time i turn it on it works but when i connect my vga from my monitor to my computer no signal is still on my screen. my front panel and motherboard usbs work. i dont have a graphics card im using onboard graphics. my cpu is the pentium g3220 and i have 8 gigs of ram. things ive tried was pulling out the battery from the motherboard for thirty minutes and putting it back in. i have tried making sure my ram is in and ive tried using a vga to hdmi adapter and nothing has worked. i have the same motherboard so i was thinking of switching them. dont ask me why i have two of the same motherboards. but i want to see what you guys say before i switch the motherboards as a last resort.

Quarkzquarkz

Distinguished
Sep 18, 2013
Have you also made sure your 4 pin ATX 12 volt power cable is correctly seated and secured onto your motherboard? Many times builders forget this and only see the lights and blinking but nothing on the screen.

If you're using a GPU and connecting into your integrated graphics port instead, you might need to set that in BIOS to display correctly as well.

Lastly, if all else fails, check your PSU. Make sure it's not giving erratic voltages or leaking capicitance. And like you said if you have another motherboard laying around, it doesn't hurt to test try to see if that one fires up. Good luck!

FlowRez

Reputable
Dec 20, 2016

thing is i dont know how to explain this correctly because apparently i cant explain things write but, this is a whole new computer. i have not yet even seen it once show up on my screen i cant use it. i installed my power supply which was the last thing i need then i took it to my room to turn it on the first time and nothing apeared on my screen. so i cant check anything. the only thing i could check was the 4 pin connector that was not secured. but it still didnt work. could it be the reason for this is im using an old monitor or could it be the fact that my motherboard needs a bios update that i cannot preform because i cant see shit on my screen. sorry for cussing im frustrated cuz i really dont want to go back and take off the cpu take off all the psu cable and front panel conncetors.