Slow Chrome on Page/Tab Load

MetroxGamer

Honorable
Dec 26, 2013
Hi! Lately I've been facing a big issue with Chrome... Every time I open a new tab and write an URL, it snoozes for about 30 seconds, no matter how many times I click enter, and then eventually loads. If I make a google.com>tab search, that time usually goes up to about a minute.
I've disabled Hardware Acceleration, am using Google Public DNS, I'm on Win10 64bits, GTX1060 6Gb, FX-8320, 8Gb DDR3 1600 RAM
I'll be able to provide any info necessary, just ask :)

netyoda

Distinguished
Oct 6, 2011

If your only using 8GB of RAM, thought could be part of the problem. Chrome is a known memory hog so make sure you have the latest version of Chrome by going to Settings in Chrome then click on About. It should tell you if you are running the latest and greatest. Also try clearing your Browser cache while you are in Settings. Clear everything 'Since the beginning of time' except your passwords unless you don't mind re-entering them as you come across them!

MetroxGamer

Honorable
Dec 26, 2013

I'm running the latest version as it says (Version 55.0.2883.87 m) and I've cleared Cookies / Other site / Plugin data and Cached Images and Files yesterday or so. Even with 8Gb this shouldn't happen as memory usage overall isn't usually over 60% I think.

MetroxGamer

Honorable
Dec 26, 2013

I find it funny how you have a Chrome badge xD Anyways, I used to use Waterfox and it rolled well, I don't remember why I switched back to Chrome but if I can't see this issue fixed I'll be forced to switch back to Waterfox