Which IPS monitor with 75Hz?

theRTT

Honorable
Jul 25, 2016
Hi,

I want to buy a new IPS monitor, which I can use for gaming. That's why I want a minimum of 75Hz refresh rate. My budget is 200 euros. Can you tell me some good ones?

If there aren't any good IPS monitors, you may also suggest TN monitors.

Thank you!

Solution

mangaman

Honorable
You could try the Lenovo LI2364d, or something a little bit better like the ASUS VG245H. The Lenovo is ips, but the ASUS has a 1ms response time and has free-sync. So, if you don't mind sacrificing image quality with free-sync and 1ms then the ASUS would be the best bet.

Hope this helps.

theRTT

Honorable
Jul 25, 2016
The Lenovo LI2364d is unfortunately unavailable in the Netherlands. The Asus is quiet okay indeed, but over 200 euro. I need to save some more money if I want to get that one.

I've also seen the LG 24MP68VQ. That one looks pretty decent to me. What do you think?

Thank you for your response.

mangaman

Honorable
The LG is a good choice, but I'm not sure if it has a 75hz refresh rate. How about the Acer R240HY monitor? 1080p, 23.8", 4ms response time, ips and quite cheap (in the U.S., not too sure about the Netherlands). Their are not too many monitor out their that provide 75hz, and the ones that do either have decent quality components, or are from some unknown brand from China. If you really want 75hz out of a monitor, its best to pickup a 60hz monitor and overclock it to 75hz. And yes, you can overclock a monitor. Sounds silly, but their are tons of how-to's and tutorial videos on YouTube dealing with this matter. Its best to study the video's and take notes before overclocking any monitor.

theRTT

Honorable
Jul 25, 2016

I've just ordered the LG 24MP68VQ haha. I've read that I have to enable freesync to get the 75Hz. I have a gtx 1070, but as long if I get 75Hz at 1920x1080 in my games and I can lock v-sync on 75 fps, I'm happy :D . And if it turns out not well, I can always send it back. Thank you for your help.

mangaman

Honorable

Glad to hear. Hope all is well with your new monitor.

theRTT

Honorable
Jul 25, 2016

Thank you. I hope I will get 75Hz with my gtx 1070. Do you know if I can reach 75Hz with nvidia card with the amd freesync?

mangaman

Honorable

The GTX 1070 should have no problems reaching 75fps in games, to achieve the 75hz monitor refresh rate. If you do experience a drop in fps, turning the settings down to one notch might solve the problem. Lowing the AA quality can also improve performance dramatically.

theRTT

Honorable
Jul 25, 2016

Yeah I do know that kind of stuff. It is the question if I can reach it with my nvidia card. I've heard that you can only reach it with an amd card.. I really hope that's not the case..

mangaman

Honorable

Since the monitor is free-sync, and is the GPU is Nvidia, the free-sync may or may not work with the Nvidia card. Free-sync is made for AMD cards, so if you have an AMD card, you would get the most out of the monitor. you will still get 75hz, but your not going to get the adaptive frame rate from the free-sync.

theRTT

Honorable
Jul 25, 2016

So I got it and it looks amazing! IPS ftw! And also 75Hz! But whenever I turn vsync on, I still have some screentearing.. Do you know how to fix this? And Happy new year! (;

mangaman

Honorable

You should go into your GPU Control panel and turn vsync on in their. I'm not sure how the Nvidia settings are layed out since I have an AMD card, but try to go into global settings and set vsync for all of the games you have. Hope all goes well, and happy new year as well.

Solution