Two 144Hz Monitors on EVGA GTX 1070 FTW

Silvencio

Reputable
Jul 28, 2015
I've scoured previous threads and saw some mixed answers, so here we go.

I currently have an EVGA GTX1070 FTW with an ASUS VG248QE 1080P monitor running at 144Hz using DisplayPort, I am planning on getting a second monitor (same model) and will also be using DisplayPort. I will only be gaming on one, and the other for multitasking. I just wanted to know if it was possible for me to run both monitors at 144Hz because, per EVGA's site, the max refresh rate that the 1070 FTW has is 240Hz. I just wanted a clearer understanding on this.

Thanks.

king3pj

Distinguished
You can do that but I would consider getting the ASUS VE248Q (no e on the end) 60Hz monitor for your second screen. It is the same brand and screen size so it should match pretty well and it's quite a bit cheaper. I personally would not pay the extra money to get 144Hz on my second screen that I'm not gaming on.

That being said, if you want a perfect match buy another VG248QE. The 60Hz version I recommended does not have height adjustment so you would have to adjust the 144Hz monitor to match the 60Hz monitor instead of putting them both at the height you prefer.

Silvencio

Reputable
Jul 28, 2015

Thank you for your input! Yeah that's what i was thinking aswell, setting my multi-task monitor at 60Hz & I'm actually going to purchase dual-arm monitor mount so height adjustment really isn't an issue for me.

Thanks again!