Triple Monitor Setup Question

cadefoster

Distinguished
Jun 14, 2010
Hi All,
I currently have a dual 23' monitor setup that i would like to expand to 3 for gaming purposes. I'm looking at buying a frameless ASUS VC239H 23" to use as my new center and use the existing 2 as the left and right. My only concern is that the new asus is an ips monitor while the other 2 are TN displays. Do you think having 2 different display types will make a huge difference? I know ideally you would use 3 of the same but would like to utilize what I have. Thanks in advance!

Solution
I know in the past using a CRT and LCD monitor at same time caused headaches for some (including me). Different LCD types may not be as detrimental, but comparing side by side between TN and IPS, you'll likely end up wishing you had all one or the other. Eyestrain / headaches I suppose could be possible, but not as likely as the situation I alluded to.

kjv1611

Distinguished
Mar 25, 2008
I know in the past using a CRT and LCD monitor at same time caused headaches for some (including me). Different LCD types may not be as detrimental, but comparing side by side between TN and IPS, you'll likely end up wishing you had all one or the other. Eyestrain / headaches I suppose could be possible, but not as likely as the situation I alluded to.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS