Windows 10 cannot connect my other monitor

youiee

Honorable
Dec 29, 2016
Hi all,

I am currently using my 2nd monitor as my usual main monitor will not connect. Last night I had gotten both to work with almost no problems but after turning on the PC today the main monitor will not connect (always says HDMI; power saving mode) and Win10 has switched to my (usually secondary) monitor to be my main.

The main monitor is a LG FLATRON W2442PA connected to the GPU via HDMI and the secondary monitor is a LG FLATRON M2362D connected to the GPU via DVI.

When I go into device manager it shows that only one Generic PnP monitor is there.

My GPU is a GTX 660, Intel i7-4770k @ 3.5ghz. I have also tried updating my GPU with nothing new happening.

This is not the first time this issue has happened, it usually only happened when I unplugged the cables from the GPU when moving or reorganizing cables. Usually I only had to unplug/replug the cables or restart the computer a couple of times and it would be fine.

Thanks for any help.

UPDATE : I fixed it! I just switched the HDMI sides

Solution
You go into its settings not the settings on the computer

One of the buttons on the monitor should bring up a menu

Is this the first monitor?

There's 3 different monitors for the 2nd one. what you said, the PT and PM . Which one?

Even tho it says Generic monitor, it will still work. It just means Windows doesnt have the driver for it

youiee

Honorable
Dec 29, 2016

Thanks for the reply, I'm not too sure how to change the frequency when the monitor itself isn't registering on the computer?